Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Land Down Under....

Oh what a terrible cliche that is. Anyways I arrived in Perth two nights ago to much more reasonable weather (13C). My cousin Laura thinks that is atrocioulsy cold and has been wearing a scarf during the 18 degree days. The first day I was here we went to Swan Valley which contains a number of wineries, a lovely chocolate shop (with free tastings) and a nougat factory, very yummy. I proceeded to taste a large number of varying quality wines. Unfortunately the ones I liked are not sold anywhere but the wineries.

I fulfilled a number of my sugar cravings yesterday by pigging out on chocolae. Laura made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and then we sampled quite heavily at the chocolate factory. I also had Devonshire tea and scones yesterday which were absolutely wonderful. We went to a flick last night and saw Breach which was very good. Plus Ryan Phillipe is quite nice to look at for 2 hours.

Today we went for breakfast and walked around some markets, ate some delicious gelato and had fish and chips along the water. Tomorrow I'm going to explore downtown Perth while Laura is at work.

Sorry I just realized how dull this post was. Oh well.

Miss you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.