Hey all,
Sorry I havent posted anything yet. My blog only comes up in Japanese and doesnt seem to accept my posts.
Anyways Japan has been really beautiful. Ended up using my Japan Rail Pass more than anticiapted. Went to Hiroshima and found it difficult not to cry in the Memorial Museum but the hoards of school children managed to lighten my spirits enough not to. I also visited Nara which is the location of the 2nd largest wooden structure and the largest Buddha (15m tall). They were really amazing. The Buddha was made of bronze and astoundingly huge.
Visited al the trendy spots in Tokyo (or at least I think so) and managed to not shop. It was very very difficult to do. Went to Kyoto and visited a few of the 1200 temples and shrines. I really love the gardens hee in Japan. I also wet to the Arashiyama monkey park which was super exciting. For those of you who are primatologists you will know why. For those of you who arent it is a very famous monkey group half of which now lives in Texas.
Today I spent in Osaka whic is my least favourite so far. In an odd smelling hostel in the only skecthy part of Japan. I did go to Tonnaji park tay and wandered around the zoo and then the park surrounding it.
I did discover an amazing treat known as the Green Tea KitKat. Although it sounds odd it is truly a delight and I would love to fill my suitcase with them.
Miss you all.
Write me notes and let me know what new and exciting in your worlds.
Love Lana :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment